Thursday, September 11, 2008

Feel Guilty

A few months ago I read a female magazine's article about a blind man who struggle for his life. And now, he's not only has a family who love and support him whole-heartily, but also a foundation ,named Mitra Netra, that helps many other blind people. Through a program called "1000 Books", this foundation gathers anyone who want to be a volunteer to re-type a book we choose. After it re-typed, Mitra Netra will converts them all to a braille-format-book. The goal of this program is to provide books for blind people, as we know it's difficult to find them in common bookstore.

I decided to join this book, and become one of the volunteer. I choose "Warna-Warni Televisi Episode 3". I typed it almost everyday, then I realized I almost done. But suddenly my flash disc is broken, and I lost ALL the data. It made me sad, angry, and down at the same time. Then I gave up.

Today, 2 months after that, not in purpose, I put my name on Google search. And I found my name has already being one of volunteer in 1000 books program. Honestly, I feel ashamed and guilty. How come a volunteer not though like me. How can I help other people if I'm weak???!!!

So now, I'm trying to start it again. Hopefully this time I can finish it. GANBATTE !!!

No comments: